WHERE WE ARE LOCATED
Singer Castle, on Dark Island, is located in the St. Lawrence Seaway in the United States and is only accessible by water.
GPS coordinates: 44°27.156 N Latitude, 75°48.689 W Longitude
HOW TO GET HERE
The 1000 Islands St. Lawrence Seaway region is easily reachable by many modes of transportation, though most visitors travel by car. From Rochester you can arrive in about 2½ hours. Syracuse is 1¼ hours drive straight up Interstate 81N. If you are coming from the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania we are just 5 hours drive on Interstate 81 North. From New Jersey, it’s slightly longer – about eight hours – but well worth the visit! For our Canadian visitors, East from Toronto to Kingston in the west, it’s about 2½ hours. From Montreal West to Cornwall, it’s just 1½ hours.
In fact, the St. Lawrence Seaway region has become an affordable and popular destination for travelers escaping the big cities in Pennsylvania , New Jersey, and New York. If you want to relax, then take the train. Amtrak provides service from many U.S. points. For information and fares you can call 800-USA-RAIL or consult www.amtrak.com . From Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal, inquire about rail fares and times by calling VIA Rail at 888-842-0588 or consult www.viarail.ca .
Boat Transportation to Singer Castle on Dark Island
- Uncle Sam Boat Tour departs Alexandria Bay, NY. Find information and reservations at 877-253-9229 or on the web at www.usboattours.com
- May 17 – June 27 Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday there will be one boat per day at 1:00 p.m.
- June 28 – August 31 Monday-Saturday two boats per day at 10 a.m and 2 p.m. and one boat at 1 p.m. on Sundays.
- September 2 – October 12 Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday there will be one boat per day at 1:00 p.m.
- Confirm this schedule with Uncle Sam Boat Tours.
- Schermerhorn Harbor Shuttle Hammond, NY. Call 315-324-5966 or on the web at www.schermerhornharbor.com for directions, schedule information.
- For Canadian departures contact:
- Rockport Boat Lines Rockport, ON. Call 800-563-8687. 2014 Departures are currently scheduled for SUNDAY: June 22, July 6, July 13, July 20, August 17, August 24, August 31, September 28 & October 5.
- 1000 Islands and Seaway Cruise Lines – Brockville, ON. 613-345-7333 or 1-800-353 -3157. Call for schedule!
- Private Boaters Welcome!!! Over 600 feet of free dockage! Dock attendants are on hand and prepared to assist you. Call ahead 315-324-3275 or use your marine radio channel 16*.
- Charter group tours are available from Uncle Sam Boat Tours (877-253-9229 or www.usboattours.com) and from Schermerhorn Harbor (315-324-5966 or www.schermerhornharbor.com).
* A reminder to boaters from Canadian waters:
Until we establish an Immigration/Customs office on Dark Island, you are obligated to meet all United States criteria. Travelers from outside the United States must go to Heart Island near Alexandria Bay or the town dock in Morristown to clear immigration and customs prior to docking at Dark Island.